Staying healthy is hard work, but there are little things that you can do every day to make your life better! Make these 5 minor life adjustments, and we guarantee you’ll start to feel a little healthier over time.
1) Eat slowly. Eating isn’t a race (or it shouldn’t be, anyway). Sit up straight and eat slowly. Your body doesn’t process how much you’ve eaten as quickly as you do, so it will need the extra time to catch up and send signals to your brain. Therefore…
2) Stop when you’re full! If your body is telling you to stop, don’t keep eating that delicious piece of pie because it tastes good. Wrap it up and save it for later. Trust us, your body will thank you in the long run.
3) Take the stairs. We all have super busy days when we don’t have time to exercise. By doing something simple like taking the stairs whenever possible, you’re using your muscles even when you’re not working out!
4) Eat breakfast. Studies show that eating breakfast can speed up your metabolism for the rest of the day. So what are you waiting for? Chow down on some toast before school and avoid snacking on donuts later in the afternoon.
5) Walk! If you have the choice between driving two blocks or walking, just walk. Unless you have something heavy to carry, there’s no reason for you to drive. Driving two blocks waste energy, and your body loses out on some easy exercise!